Autor Tema: WEATHER JOURNAL - for everyone  (Leído 4950 veces)

Desconectado jachym

• Meteotemplate Developer
    • Ver Perfil
    • Meteotemplate
WEATHER JOURNAL - for everyone
« en: 18 de Diciembre del 2016, 17:44:28 pm »
Hi guys,

last year I released a new version of my template as sort of a Christmas present for all Meteotemplate users.

This year I decided there will be no Christmas present for Meteotemplate users. Why? Because this year there will be a Christmas present from me for everyone.

It is also almost the end of the year and so it was just in time that I finally, after years of trying (not exaggarating) managed to make the function, which allows to create nice PDF files, working.

So what exactly is this?

This absolutely unique script will let you create your Weather Journal. You can set the title, the view (one or two pages/week), the language (over 20 available), you also specify your co-ordinates and timezone and the journal will include sunrise, sunset and day length as well as automatically add information about Moon phases, lunar and solar eclipses and season changes (based on hemisphere deduced from latitude). You also specify which parameters you want to track and there will be icons for various weather conditions so you can simply circle the ones that apply.

And what is more, you can either create a standard A4 PDF file, or you can select the "booklet" option, in which case you will get a file that will have the pages in A5 format and the pages will be shuffled - however, once you print it landscape and fold in half, it will suddenly all be in the right order and create a very nice A5 booklet. I intentionally did not use any fancy colors so that this can be printed without using too much ink.

Please note: The script is very complicated and creating PDF files takes some time and my server is not very fast, so please be patient when waiting for the diary to be created.

I also included a little field for feedback as this obviously can be improved or extended, we still have 10 days until the New Year!

You will find the setup page in the Extras section at meteotemplate.com in the menu on the left:

http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/extras.php

ENJOY!

Desconectado kocher

• Moderador Global
    • Ver Perfil
    • Meteo San Sebastian - Arriola
  • Estación: San Sebastian, Arriola ESEUS2000000020018A
Re:WEATHER JOURNAL - for everyone
« Respuesta #1 en: 18 de Diciembre del 2016, 20:55:44 pm »
Saludos Jachym

I already checked your last job: Weather Journal
Its purpose is to have a daily template, with many daily data obtained from our station, data from the sun and the moon ... etc.
In each day, icons appear with the weather conditions: sunny, cloudy, temperatures ... etc. We should only highlight the most appropriate for that particular day.

I thought it was a good idea.
Maybe, in the future, the template is digital and does not need to be printed on paper, and can be edited with a digital pen ....

Congratulations and thanks for this Christmas gift.

Happy (and cold in your city) Christmas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saludos Jachym

Ya he comprobado tu último trabajo: Weather Journal
Su finalidad es la de disponer de una plantilla diaria, con muchos datos diarios obtenidos de nuestra estación, datos del sol y la luna ...etc.
En cada día, aparecen iconos con las condiciones del tiempo: soleado, nublado, temperaturas ...etc. Tan solo debemos resaltar el más apropiado para ese día en concreto.

Me ha parecido una buena idea.
Quizás, en un futuro, la plantilla sea digital y no haga falta imprimirla en papel, pudiendo edtarla con un rotulador digital ....

Enhorabuena y gracias por este regalo de Navidad.

Feliz (y fría en tu ciudad) Navidad.

“La mente es como un paracaídas… Solo funciona si la tenemos abierta”.

“La formulación de un problema, es más importante que su solución”.

“Si buscas resultados diferentes, no hagas siempre lo mismo" . -Albert Einstein-

Desconectado jachym

• Ver Perfil
    • Meteotemplate
« Respuesta #2 en: 18 de Diciembre del 2016, 21:45:33 pm »
Saludos Jachym

I already checked your last job: Weather Journal
Its purpose is to have a daily template, with many daily data obtained from our station, data from the sun and the moon ... etc.
In each day, icons appear with the weather conditions: sunny, cloudy, temperatures ... etc. We should only highlight the most appropriate for that particular day.

I thought it was a good idea.
Maybe, in the future, the template is digital and does not need to be printed on paper, and can be edited with a digital pen ....

Congratulations and thanks for this Christmas gift.

Happy (and cold in your city) Christmas

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saludos Jachym

Ya he comprobado tu último trabajo: Weather Journal
Su finalidad es la de disponer de una plantilla diaria, con muchos datos diarios obtenidos de nuestra estación, datos del sol y la luna ...etc.
En cada día, aparecen iconos con las condiciones del tiempo: soleado, nublado, temperaturas ...etc. Tan solo debemos resaltar el más apropiado para ese día en concreto.

Me ha parecido una buena idea.
Quizás, en un futuro, la plantilla sea digital y no haga falta imprimirla en papel, pudiendo edtarla con un rotulador digital ....

Enhorabuena y gracias por este regalo de Navidad.

Feliz (y fría en tu ciudad) Navidad.

Hi Javier,
the point of this page was to create a diary for people who prefer using pen and paper, they can now have their weather calendar, also, this can be used by ANYONE, it does not require you use Meteotemplate and have the database, you just download it and print it

Desconectado kocher

• Moderador Global
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #3 en: 18 de Diciembre del 2016, 22:02:46 pm »
Código: [Seleccionar]
Hi Javier,
the point of this page was to create a diary for people who prefer using pen and paper, they can now have their weather calendar, also, this can be used by ANYONE, it does not require you use Meteotemplate and have the database, you just download it and print it

Touched!     :aplaude1:

You convinced me

“Si buscas resultados diferentes, no hagas siempre lo mismo" . -Albert Einstein-

Desconectado jachym

• Ver Perfil
    • Meteotemplate
« Respuesta #4 en: 18 de Diciembre del 2016, 22:50:41 pm »
What you were suggesting already exists anyway :-) The Diary plugin has been available for over a year :)

Desconectado kocher

• Moderador Global
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #5 en: 19 de Diciembre del 2016, 12:27:42 pm »